Interview

Kayla Cobb
Mr. Jenkins
Honors English 11
30 April 2009
Baker Interview
I interviewed Margaret Walker who works at Mrs. Louise’s bakery, Cakes and Things, in Hoover Alabama. She is a middle aged woman who has been working there for eight years. I asked Margaret a couple of questions about her opinion on baking and what she thinks has changed about baking.
Since my project is on the history of baking and how it has changed I decided to interview a baker. The first question I asked Margaret Walker was what her favorite item to bake was. Her response was that it was a tough decision but that her favorite thing to bake would be pound cakes. The second question I asked Mrs. Walker was what her favorite recipe was. She said “Mrs. Louise secret cheese cake recipe”. The third question I asked her was if she thought baking has changed over the years and how. She said that it has definitely changed. Margaret said that it has gotten better with time and because of technology and knowledge in general. The fourth question I asked was what her favorite thing about her job was. She said that her favorite part was getting to learn from someone who has been in the business of baking for over thirty years. The fifth question I asked was if baking decorations and techniques had changed. Her response was that baking has turned into a more artistic field and now includes the imaginations of different people.
This interview with a baker has proved my research on the topic. Baking has changed into more of an artistic and creative field when it comes to decorating cakes and
all of the other types of baked goods. Also she proved that baking has changed because of the different technologies used now to bake.
Citation:
Walker, Margaret. Personal Interview. 28 April 2009.

0 comments:



Post a Comment